Sunday, July 8, 2007

West Yellowstone, MT

Hello from West Yellowstone. A recap of the last few days:

July 6th: Chief Joseph's pass to Twin Bridges, MT (120 miles, a personal record)
July 7th: Twin Bridges, MT to Cameron, MT-- 55 miles-- a big thunderstorm in the afternoon ended our day
July 8th: Cameron, MT to somewhere in Yellowstone National Park, WYOMING

I'm sitting here about 3 miles from the Yellowstone Park/Wyoming border, pretty excited to get into my fourth state. I'm also really hungry.

Highs:
1. Awesome bakery in Hamilton, MT called "A Place to Ponder" It was really, really, really incredibly good.
2. Passing the Continental Divide for the first time.
3. Personal record for miles ridden in a day. 120!
4. Seeing a MOOSE
5. Seeing a BALD EAGLE this morning. It was pretty awesome. Someone had some binoculars, and we got a really good view.
6. Seeing an awesome thunderstorm yesterday, the lightning was super close (though this made it only a 55 mile day yesterday)
7. Yellowstone!

Lows:
1. Broken camera, its still taking pictures, yet it lost ALL of my pictures up to Missoula. Thats Oregon, Idaho, and the first day in Montana. Sad day.
2. Hot temperatures--100 degrees in the shade in Sula.
3. The knee is still bugging me a little, but only for about half an hour every morning, then its totally fine.

I think I might buy a new camera.. at least see if I can. I dont want to lose any more photos.

Hungry!

1 comment:

Barry said...

stick with the canon SD series. they're yummy...