Monday, July 30, 2007

Carbondale, IL

Hello from Illinois!

July 29th - Farmington, MO to Murphysboro, IL - 80 miles

Yesterday I crossed the Mississippi into Illinois. The rest day I took helped plently, my legs feel much better. I met up with a guy in Chester, IL and we rode the rest of the day together, and will probably ride together for a while today. I'm averaging a bit more mileage, so I dont know how long we'll stay together.

Today's goal -- get to the Ohio River, into Kentucky! I probably wont make it, its about 110 miles away, but I'll get close. Definitely going to get into Kentucky tomorrow.

Anyway, all is well. I should be able to make it to Ocean City by at least the 15th.

4 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Pretty cool! Nice you have someone to ride with for a bit too. I'm sure you are checking Michael's blog and know about the lightning he experienced. Please check your email, I sent you a quick refresher on lightning and camping safety. I know you've had camping experience, but it's worth 30 seconds of your time to refresh your memory. Stay safe, and enjoy your ride. Mom

Anonymous said...

HI Stephen,
Looks like you are making good progress. Have fun and stay safe. Watch out for storms.....
Michael's mom

Barry said...

hey dude, i'm finally all caught up. 2 more weeks! i cant believe how close to the end/far along you are already. how many white castle burgers did you end up getting?

stay safe, take lotsa horse pictures in KY. and try some bourbon =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen,
Just wanted to say it was a real pleasure meeting you at the ball game in Farmington the other night. I'm the one setting next to you on the top bleacher. Sounds like you're making lots of progress toward your destination. Best of luck to you and please be safe. I'll continue to check out your site to see that you get back home safe. God bless!

Patty Jones