Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Golden City, MO

Hello from Missouri!

July 24th - Rosalia, KS to St. Paul, KS ~100 miles

The riding yesterday wasn't the best. Just more of the same-- slowly rolling hills and high humidity. Last night I went to bed sweating just lying there in my tent. This morning I woke up soaked in sweat. I definitely try to drink extra water, because I've no clue how much I've lost during the night.

I guess the only good part about the day was the food. I had a small breakfast, but then twenty miles down the road I came across a breakfast buffet, all-you-can-eat style. I had two full plates of eggs, potatoes, and bacon, a plate of fruit, and some fresh cinnamon rolls. Definitely worth it. The only problem with this is that I felt really stuffed for the next hour or two on the bike, which is pretty uncomfortable. It's a lot easier to lie on a sofa and watch TV after a big meal, but I don't have that luxury. I wasn't even really hungry until lunch which I got in the late afternoon. A plate of breadsticks and an awesome philly cheese steak sandwich.

The worst part about these meals was that I spent $18 on food for the day, before dinner. Yikes. Dinner ended up being the usual pasta and such.

Today, I've had one banana, one cinnamon roll, half a bag of yogurt pretzels, some wheat thins, three slices of cake (from a grocery store, but they weren't too good)...and a lot of water.

Thanks to Jeff and Alean for helping me find my way.

No comments: