Monday, July 23, 2007

Hutchinson, KS

So... I haven't updated in a while. Apparently Kansas libraries dont like to be open on the weekends, or they have very limited hours. Kansas has been pretty monotonous, but the scenery has been a good change. I finally feel like I'm out of the west--fertile fields line the road instead of dry plains and sagebrush. Maybe two more days and I should be out of Kansas.

Lets see...

July 20th - Eads, CO to Scott City, KS - 90 miles
July 21st - Scott City, KS to Rush Center, KS - 90 miles
July 22nd - Rush Center, KS to Hutchinson, KS - 90 miles

My mileage has been a bit low.. but I should be able to up it soon. Pretty much I needed to be here in Hutchinson this morning (Monday morning) to be able to visit their bike shop. I pretty badly needed a new rear tire, because my old one was worn completely through, with the casing showing under the remaining rubber. So, with two fresh tires and a new chain, I should be good for a long time.

Today I dont know where I'm going to get to, but hopefully it'll be far enough.

2 comments:

Michael Dubovsky said...

yeh..wait til you hope into missouri..it's like a rollercoaster already..

michael

Mom said...

did you go over the barbed wire fence and flooded road like Michael? or find your way around it?