Monday, August 13, 2007

Crisfield, MD

Hello from Maryland!

Today I took two ferries to get across the Chesapeake, stopping for a layover in Tangier, VA. Tangier is a little island made of mostly crab fisherman and their families. I had my first soft-shell crabs ever, and they were pretty good.

I'm going to ride to Ocean City tomorrow. MY LAST DAY OF RIDING. It's going to be about 60 miles, so I'm pretty excited, as thats not a long day either.

Summary of the past few days:

August 11th - Mineral, VA to Tappahannock, VA - 80 miles
August 12th - Tappahannock, VA to Reedville, VA - 40 miles.
August 13th - Reedville, VA to Crisfield, MD - 3 hours of riding on a boat.


Both days on the bike were tiring. Nothing exciting happened once I left Ashland. Today was good, nice and relaxing, but I'm still tired.

Not-so-fun-fact-of-yesterday: I spent about $40 on food because once I got to Reedville, I found that there were no grocery stores in town, and I was stuck eating at restaurants. Sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Stephen. This will be the last Comment from us!! We just talked to Your Father , he reported very happy, that You are in Crisfield MD" . It is so amasing, You are great, to realy compleded this trip by tomorrow. I, tell You again, that we are very proud of You ,some Acomplishment!! Well, what a feeling it must be in a few Hours to be able to sleep in a Bed and take a well deserved Shower!! Looking so forward to see You again. Take good care , Love from the both "OLDIES"in Columbia!!Jim and Rosel.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! "Only" 60 miles to ride! Wonder how long it will take your body to adjust to the fact it doesn't have to climb back on the bike for another day of riding, sleeping in a tent,and eating pasta.
Mrs Z

Mom said...

Congratulations! Lots of my friends have been telling me to tell you that. You have a fan club, even though they've never met you, many people read your blog regularly, and are cheering for you today! Such an adventure and an accomplishment.
Mom