Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ashland, VA

August 10th - Free Union, VA to Mineral, VA

I ended up in the town of Mineral around 5:00. It was super hot all day, and I didn't really want to ride anymore. The next town was also about 35 miles away, and I wouldnt make it there until after dark. As a result, I ended up hanging out in the local ice cream shop talking to a few high school kids, who were completely amazed that I had ridden all the way there from Oregon. It was nice to just sit and relax inside in the air conditioning.

Bad part about yesterday - not being able to fall asleep until after midnight because it was still too hot outside.

This morning I got up early to escape the heat -- I was on the road by about 7:15, and the weather was quite nice. On the road into Ashland I was getting incredibly hungry... good thing I stumbled onto the local club ride, and hammered the last few miles into town at 20+ mph.

Anyway, time to figure out where I'm headed. To Tappahannock! It's about 50 miles away, so that should be a good afternoon ride.

2 comments:

ashveena said...

You're almost there! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen,
Back in Colombo. Can't wait to talk to you. Love from us all at #4