Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Columbia, MD

First, sorry for taking so long to post this. I've had a great time relaxing here in Columbia, visiting Dad and Connie and everyone else. Tomorrow I pack up and fly back to Berkeley. I'll also be getting lunch with John and Esther.

Major things that have happened over the past week:

Orioles game - rained out
subsequent bowling - dad kicked my butt
racquetball with dad
bike ride saturday
lots of sleep

I compiled some stats about my trip... here it goes.

STATS
Total miles: ~4360
total days: 56
total days spent riding: 51
average miles/day: 85
number of days at least 100 miles: 18
number of days at least 90 miles: 28

total hours estimated on the bike: ~350


SUPERLATIVES
Best lunch: Cambridge, Idaho - because of a sweet milkshake and a good burger
State with worst road quality: Wyoming
State with best road quality: Kansas
Toughest day on the bike: Hindman, KY to Rosedale, VA - monster hills, endless rain
strangest roadkill: armdillos, everywhere on the road in Missouri

favorite picture (so far):


I guess once I get a USB cable, I'll upload more photos. In the meantime... I'll get back to Berkeley tomorrow night, seeing Alia for the first time in TWO MONTHS. Hurray. School starts Monday, so I'll be pretty busy with biking team stuff, classes, and regular life in general. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am still amazed and impressed that you did this trek, and finding that despite how anxious I felt about you, I really miss hearing your stories! I'm sad it's over. Looking forward to the photos, either posted or later in a photo album.