Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Christiansburg, VA

Hot and humid! It's supposed to be up around 100 degrees today. I'm trying to drink lots of water, but man, its hot. I'll be following I-81 for the next day or two, up to Charlottesville. Right before that, I'll spend some time up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the road that follows the top of the Blue Ridge Mountains up at 3000'-5000' of elevation. That sounds great, but I'll have to climb up to it, which will stink.

Maybe Michael will be around and can join me for a bit, I'll have to call him later.

3 comments:

Michael Dubovsky said...

hey man...glad you enjoyin virginia...i dont' get cell phone reception out at my house...or if i do it's only when the moon turns a rainbow color...anyways, i'll be heading up to maine early saturday morning (aug 11th)...so if around town prior it's better bet to call home phone if tryin to get in touch

434-973-6468

can still call cell number but i might not get it right away unless i'm going into town or something

Mom said...

I just added up the miles you have left to go on the bike - from Lexington to Charlottesville to Mechanicsburg to Reedville, then you have a day of ferries and then Crisfield to Ocean City - and you have less than 300 miles to go!! That is so incredible! But these may be your hottest days yet, humid and unpleasant. Make sure you drink enough water, and rest during the hottest hours. Can't wait to hear about it all!

Mom said...

You take it easy biking out there in 100 degree heat, ok? Lots of water! and go slow! But on the bright side, the eastern shore is 10 - 15 degrees cooler, so once you get to the ferries you're home free. If it's too hot, though, it's ok to stop earlier.