Friday, June 29, 2007

Baker City, OR

Hello from Baker City. All has been well, except Daan going home. Luckily, I met up with a guy on the road from James Madison University, and he's also heading East. I plan on riding with him for a while. His name is Michael, you can read his blog here: http://dubobikingxc.blogspot.com/

Wednedsay - Bend, OR to Mitchell, OR (90 miles, one 4700' pass)
Thursday - Mitchell, OR to Austin Junction, OR (~100 miles, two passes, 4500' and 5300')
Today - Austin Junction, OR to Halfway, OR (~100 miles, two passes, 5200' and 5000')

The miles have been going well and I've climbed five passes over the past three days. Big ones too, 5000+ feet. I think the road keeps going up and up until I'm in Kansas. The scenery has been amazing as well, everything seems to change between each pass.

Highs: There was a pet bear in Mitchell, each climb seems to be getting easier, almost to Idaho! Also having someone to ride with again.

Lows: I got sunburned yesteday! Both arms and the top of the knees. It kinda hurts, its the first time I've ever been burned there. It made me buy some sunscreen--seems to be working. Getting charged $5 for a milkshake after I ordered one last night. It was good, but not that good.

My goal is to be in Missoula, MT by July 4th. Wish me luck!

No comments: